Monday, August 6, 2007

Getting in the mood for travelling

During our planning I took some time to take a look at Planet Guide's Morocco starring the legendar Ian Wright. It did present almost the exact route we are planning to do, except for some remote villages on the Atlas mountains... and in a backwards route. But beside that, it was the same. It felt a bit odd, knowing that in less than a month I am going there as well. I did not particualarly like the show, maybe because I have a much more romantic vision of Morocco in my mind, when in fact I am aware that I am to expect poverty and crowded streets.

My itinerary is almost complete and I intend to publish it here soon. I already started looking at various checklists what to and not to pack, since this is my first time backpacking (and although while going to the Ios Island I did have a backpack with me, I am not counting it). Mitja seems to be much more at ease with everything. Me? Starting to panick a little bit, but that's just because I am a woman.

And as a woman I do worry a little bit about travelling in the muslim Morocco. Good thing I will have my personal bodyguard with me.

4 comments:

Mitja said...

You can forget everything, just bring a towel (Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy):)

Kristina said...

always know where your towel is :))

(and when YOU run out of your camera batteries, don't come beging for mine)

:)

Mitja said...

BTW how much should I charge for 3 weeks of risking my life as a bodyguard? I think Kristina should at least pay the trip for me :D

Kristina said...

You can't charge anything. That's the price for being my bf.