Thursday, August 2, 2007

Planning Morocco, first try

My health insurance policy has just arrived today, as well as my new Lonely Planet travel guides: Morocco and Portugal.



With each having about 500 pages I imagined (and feared) they would be enormous. But they're actually of a pretty acceptable size. Which is good, so we don't need to carry along an extra bag just for the books :)

Now we may (or may not) start some more serious planning.

Mitja keeps telling me to state how many days I need for Morocco. My original plan included also a stop in Andalucia, but that would come to 10 days and apparently he needs more than 11 for Portugal. I already thought about cutting out Casablanca and instead visit just Marrakech, Rabat, Meknes maybe, and Fez. Then travel up to Tangier and take a ferry to Spain.

... and I'm already over my time-budget for Andalucia. I don't want to cut the days on Marrakech and Fez, since these two appear to be the most worth-a-visit in Morocco. Maybe Meknes 1/2 day and Rabat 1 day. So we still have a day to come to Tangier and enter Spain. And maybe a day for bathing on the coast of Andalucia...

And while I hurry up planning and all, he doesn't even have his insurance taken care of.

5 comments:

Mitja said...

I almost have the whole plan for Portugal done. It's hard make plans if you don't know from what date :P

Insurance is a matter of few clicks on the web and can be done in 5 minutes.

We can also rest a day or two in the south of Portugal. I told you I'd rather make a more thourough visit of Portugal then a bit of Spain and a bit of Portugal.

Kristina said...

It's not like we have any hotel booked and are limited in time. The only thing we have to watch out for is to be on the Lisbon airport on September 27th.

About insurance: you have to take into consideration that it's the busiest tourism time, everyone is making insurances and it can take a while until you get your copy at home.

So no Andalucia for me?? :( Well, you have a point, but since we're already there.... :)

Ok ok, I'll cut it out of the program.

Mitja said...

Insurance done :D

Kristina said...

Unbelievable :)

Homestays said...

Sound like a good plan; i hope you can share with us some of the moment in your journey.